Shanghai East Hospital
Located in the Lujiazui Finance and Trade Zone, the Shanghai East Hospital covers an area of 22,400 square meters. The Shanghai East Hospital is subordinated to Tongji University. The history of the hospital dates back to 1920.
There are 650 patient beds and 33 clinical technology rooms. The hospital integrates teaching with medical treatment and research. The newly established Medical Comprehensive Building has a floor area of 64,000 square meters. East Hospital was the first in China to use international bidding for the design of the building. The intelligence and information management system in the building represents an advanced level of contemporary hospital construction.
The hospital management has attached great importance to clinical teaching as well as teaching administration. In recent years, the hospital has been a clinical base for students from the Medical School of Suzhou University, Zhenjiang Medical School, Shanghai Second Medical University, and the Stomatological Hospital of Tongji University. It was authorized to offer master's degree programs in heart and chest surgery and in endocrinology for Shanghai Second Medical University. It has also provided clinical training for master's students from Shanghai Second Medical University since 2000.
At present, the hospital has 1,241 staff, including over 100 specialists with senior professional titles. They provide medical and health care service to over a million people who live along the Huangpu River in the Pudong New Area. Their medical service extends to over 20 provinces, cities and autonomous regions throughout the country.
Address: No.150, Jimo Road, Pudong District